Adult’s teeth are designed to last forever unlike those of children that become loose as a rite of passage. Its therefore necessary for adults to take care of their teeth since they do not grow others after the existing ones come off. Teeth may come off as a result of infections of the gum that makes them loose due to the gums incapability to hold the teeth. The paper discusses the causes, sign and symptoms, treatment and ways of preventing gum disease loose teeth.
Get to know more about gum diseases visit emergencydentistbrisbanedr.com.au/.
Gum disease is also known as periodontal disease. It’s a bacterial infection that involves the gums. There are two types of gum disease i.e. gingivitis and periodontitis.
It’s the initial stage of the gum disease. It occurs as a result of plaque on the teeth that contain bacteria. The plaque leads to the inflammation of the gum tissue since it produces toxins that cause irritation to the gum.
The symptoms of this disease include:
- Red or swollen gums
Gum bleeding after brushing Gingivitis affects three out of every four people in USA. Gingivitis can develop to a more severe gum disease known as periodontitis which is the major cause of loose teeth among the adults. This may result if no treatment is offered to cure the disease.
It refers to advanced and more severe gum disease. It is caused by an increase in the bacteria levels which pull the tissue away from the teeth in order to create more space for its accumulation. Periodontitis symptoms include:
- Receding gums
- Formation of pockets between gums and the teeth.
- Periodontitis has severe effects which include:
- Teeth loss as a result of loosening
- Can destroy the gum tissue and the ligaments
- Can destroy bones in the mouth
- Treatment is offered even though it involves several processes. Periodontitis treatment may also require oral surgery depending on t he severity of the infection.
- Gum disease can be prevented inn several ways including:
- Brushing of teeth to prevent plaque formation
- Having regular visit to the dentist for check up
Following the severe effects that come with gum infection its necessary to take good care of our teeth and gums as well. Oral health lectures should be offered to people through the media, articles and in online platforms in order to control the number of people suffering from gum disease and help save the teeth.